Hamilton Grange Branch The New York Public Library
West Harlem / Hamilton Heights / Sugar Hill
Designed by the famous architectural firm of McKim, Mead and White in the style of an Italian palazzo, the Hamilton Grange Branch was opened in 1907 with funds donated by Andrew Carnegie. The roots of its name date back to 1802 when Alexander Hamilton moved his family into a country house he called The Grange in the then-rural outskirts of New York City. Declared a landmark in 1970, the branch today houses a variety of collections, including an African American Heritage collection, and a large selection of materials in Spanish reflecting the neighborhood's ethnic diversity. Hamilton Grange offers programs for adults, teenagers, and children; provides Lifelong Learning materials for new adult readers; and has meeting space for use by neighborhood groups.
Free computer classes, access & internet available.
Mon 10-6 Tue 10-6 Wed 11-7 Thu 10-6
Fri 1-6 Sat 10-5 Sun Closed
visitingHamilton Grange Branch The New York Public Library
503 West 145th Street
New York, NY 10031
full map & directions
MTA: NYC transit
update this page
Plan Your ExperienceTours Mailing List Signup! favorite Favorites
- Black Excellence Celebrated by the WNET Group with February Film Premiers & Streaming Opportunities
- About Harlem One Stop
- read more...