OSA / Our Saviour's Atonement Lutheran Church
Washington Heights / Inwood
''OSA'' Our Saviour's Atonement Lutheran Church was formed by the merger, in 1927, of two congregations: the Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Atonement and the Church of Our Saviour, off-shoots of St. John's Lutheran Church of Christopher Street that emerged in the 1890s. The cornerstone of the Parish House was laid in 1928. The Parish House was built of fieldstone with a slate roof and boasted a full gymnasium, a bowling alley, a sewing room, a seven-room parsonage and separate apartments for a sexton and a deaconess. The OSA Lutheran Church is now the primary tenant of the building, renamed the Cornerstone Center, and leases space to many community groups.
visitingOSA / Our Saviour's Atonement Lutheran Church
178 Bennet Avenue
at Bennet Avenue and 189th Street
New York, NY 10040
full map & directions
MTA: NYC transit
update this page
Plan Your ExperienceTours Mailing List Signup! favorite Favorites
- Black Excellence Celebrated by the WNET Group with February Film Premiers & Streaming Opportunities
- About Harlem One Stop
- read more...