NOMAA - Northern Manhattan Arts Alliance (Alianza de las Artes del Norte de Manhattan)
Washington Heights / Inwood
The Northern Manhattan Arts Alliance (NoMAA) is an arts service organization launched in 2007 under the incubation of the Hispanic Federation and with the financial support of the Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone. NoMAA’s mission is to cultivate, support and promote the works of artists and arts organizations in Washington Heights and Inwood. Since 2007 NoMAA has been serving and promoting the works of artists in these communities as well as developing partnerships with business and other organizations to increase the visibility of this area of Manhattan.
NoMAA programs and services
· The Annual Uptown Arts Stroll: Arts festival that promotes artists and community attractions in Washington Heights/Inwood during the month of June.
· The First Thursdays Arts and Business Stroll: Monthly guided tours of local businesses, arts studios and galleries.
· NoMAA Artists’ Salon: Four times a year, the last Monday of the months of March, June, September and November, at local venues.
· NoMAA TA Institute: A one day conference that provides technical assistance workshops and hands on assistance to local artists and arts organization, held once a year in September.
· NoMAA Grants Program: Support new works by individual artists and capacity building projects for arts organizations in Washington Heights/Inwood. In 2008 NoMAA will award $50,000 in grants to artists and organizations from Washington Heights/Inwood. For more information about NoMAA programs and services, please visit www.nomaanyc.org or call 212 568-4396.
· NoMAA Website: www.nomaanyc.org Provides information about NoMAA’s programs and services, resources for artists, news, and a calendar of all things and events related to the arts scene in Northern Manhattan. Soon the website will feature a directory of artists and arts organizations in the community.
· NoMAA E-Newsleter: A biweekly, bilingual (Eng/Spa) e-newsletter featuring all the arts activities going on in Washington Heights and Inwood. NoMAA also sends emails periodically with news that relates specifically to artists including upcoming grants opportunities, free workshops, etc.
visitingNOMAA - Northern Manhattan Arts Alliance (Alianza de las Artes del Norte de Manhattan)
Workspace Offices Studios
5030 Broadway, Suite 723
New York, NY 10034
full map & directions
MTA: NYC transit
update this page
Plan Your ExperienceTours Mailing List Signup! favorite Favorites
- Apollo’s Comedy Club and Music Café Celebrate Women’s History Month with Special Line-up
- Black Excellence Celebrated by the WNET Group with February Film Premiers & Streaming Opportunities
- read more...